Did You Know?
· Eight of the fourteen eight-thousanders are located in Nepal.
· Spiny Babler, a rare species of bird, is only found in Nepal.
· Mount Everest, the Highest Peak in the world is in Nepal.
· Nepal has eight of the ten highest mountains in the World.
· Gautam Buddha was born in Lumbini.
· Pashupatinath, the world’s largest temple of Lord Shiva, the Hindu deity, is in Kathmandu.
· Nepal is the second richest country in water resources (after Brazil). Nepal has 83,000 mega watts of hydro- power potentiality. However till now only 2 percent of the total production capacity of hydro- electricity has been put to use.
· Supposedly the Yeti lives in the Himalayan mountain range of Nepal, which is also the tallest range of mountains in the world.